Pain management isn’t the only chronic-pain treatment option. Cannabidiol (CBD) oil is a safe and effective pain-management alternative. People have used CBD oil for pain for hundreds of years because of five great benefits. High-quality CBD oil for pain management maximizes these benefits.
1. Fast pain relief with no high
Marijuana has been used for thousands of years to relieve pain. Marijuana’s pain-relief capabilities cannot be argued; however, many people want pain relief without an associated “high.” CBD oil is the perfect solution.
CBD is a component of marijuana that’s responsible for its pain-relief effects. CBD oil is concentrated CBD. THC, the component of marijuana responsible for producing a “high,” is not found in CBD products for pain. Additionally, CBD works on different receptors than THC.
Anandamide is a pain-regulating compound. CBD blocks anandamide receptors, therefore decreasing experienced pain. Brain state and function are in no way changed. No limits or restrictions are placed on work, driving, or physical activity.
2. Treats different types of pain
Many medical conditions cause pain. People experience different pain symptoms and sensations. Severity and frequency can vary tremendously. Common types of pain include:
- Arthritis pain. Arthritis is the inflammation of joint cartilage and bone. Arthritis pain can be experienced in any joint, including the knee, hip, shoulder, elbow, wrist, and hand.
- Nerve pain. Nerve irritation and inflammation cause pain. Nerve pain is experienced in the spine (neck, mid-back, and lower back) and upper and lower extremities.
- Acute pain. Acute pain presents suddenly and has a short duration. Acute pain can be caused by muscle strains and sprains, soreness, and minor injuries.
- Chronic pain. Chronic pain does not respond to medical treatment and can limit the ability to function and live a happy life. Chronic pain is caused by an underlying medical illness such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, nerve damage, or depression.
The good news is CBD oil works on a whole-scale level to treat all different types of pain. Receptors are blocked, and pain decreases quickly.
3. Decreases inflammation
Inflammation is part of the body’s immune response to injury and can cause swelling, redness, and pain. Decreasing inflammation is an important part of controlling pain. CBD oil effects include decreasing inflammation, which is why CBD oil is a great alternative to oral anti-inflammatory medications that have unwanted side effects.
4. Easy to use
CBD oil for pain is extremely easy to use. Oil comes in topical forms that are easy to apply to painful areas. Oils, creams, rubs, and salves are all popular. Only a tiny amount is needed, so products last a very long time. And oil can also be used in a vape pen or bath bomb.
5. Offers other benefits
CBD oil has additional benefits. Benefits that may help reduce pain symptom frequency and severity include the following:
- Reduced anxiety
- Reduced depression
- Sleep apnea
- Smoking cessation
In addition to CBD for pain relief, CBD may also decrease seizure and epilepsy symptoms. Lots of research is also currently being done on CBD oil for treating acne, Alzheimer’s, cancer, diabetes, drug addiction, and schizophrenia.
Purchasing CBD oil for pain
CBD oil relieves pain without causing a high, treats different types of pain, and decreases inflammation. CBD oil is easy to use and offers other great benefits. Black Label Hemp offers high-quality CBD oil for pain. Visit our product page for a complete list. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at any time to speak to one of our CBD oil experts.